Members’ Update December 2021

Dear members,

I trust this e-mail finds you well. Please take care of yourself, as well as others, during
what can be a busy time of year.

The information contained about the Pension Branch will likely be of interest.
We would like to wish all our members a safe and happy season!

Best Wishes,
Christine Johnson, President

At our January 20, 2022 General Meeting, the speaker will be Vivian Rygnestad. Keeping with our Wellness/Fitness theme, her presentation will aim at mental wellness.

She will tell us about her work with the “Landscapes of Injustice” project. In her email to Eileen, our Speaker Programmer, she wrote: “I believe that trauma and its legacies have occurred in every country/ethnic group etc. in the world. Legacies are generational and can include shame, guilt, anger, or silence.”

Vivian is well known to our members, having been active in the BCPVPA and the BCRPVPA for many years. She is an experienced speaker and storyteller who will leave us thinking not just about the history of Japanese-Canadians but also about our own cultural and family histories

Please watch for an email in your inbox in-mid January for the Zoom link to join us!


Income verification letters now available on MyAccount for members!


BC Pensions is offering an easier way to prove your income!

You may be in a situation where financial institutions, government offices or other
organizations may ask for a letter to verify your income for some applications.
You can now easily and quickly download an income verification letter in My Account.
The PDF letter shows your gross monthly pension payment. Check out this and other
convenient self-service options next time you sign in.

To access your income verification letter:

  • Sign in to My Account at myaccount.pensionsbc.ca
  • Click Statements and select Income Verification letter from the dropdown menu.
  • To download a printable PDF, scroll down and click the download link.

N.B. The aforementioned information came from the Pension Corporation. Alex Peters and Kim Searle
worked on this added feature in MyAccount for plan members.

Hearing Life

HearingLife has generously contributed more than $4000 to our scholarship programme this year alone!

BCRPVPA Members can save 25% on revolutionary hearing aids at HearingLife, on top of the 10% you already receive for being a member. A grand total of 35%.

Consider getting a free hearing test and making good use of your BCRPVPA membership benefits.

NexGen, Dynamic Hearing, Expert Hearing and Hearing Life are all part of a large 100+ hearing consortium throughout the province that will give affinity discounts.

Book a free hearing test by calling the BCRPVPA preferred partner line: 1-855-559-4831

Upcoming General Meeting:

Latest news

Chronicles & Capers – ISSUE 95

The Executive wishes BCRPVPA Members a super Fall & upcoming Winter season

Bell EPP: Holiday Campaign Updates

Click the link below to access the assets for the EPP Holiday campaign updates:

Johnson Home Insurance is now "belairdirect"

We’ve teamed up with belairdirect to score special deals on insurance that’s tailored just for you. belairdirect helps simplify insurance…