The BC Retired Principals’ & Vice-Principals’ Association is a group of retired educators with common goals and a multitude of interests.
The purposes of the BCRPVPA are:
- to maintain an active affiliation with the B.C. Principals’ and Vice-Principals’ Association (BCPVPA)
- to promote the interests and the welfare of its members
- to communicate with members regarding issues of common interest and the activities of the Association
- to encourage and foster liaison among Association members and Principals and Vice-Principals
- Student Scholarships are offered in the fall of each year – up to 7 of $1000 each. As well as fund-raising, a portion of membership fees goes towards student scholarships
- Mentorship – our members are facilitated to enable mentoring of newly appointed administrator
The BCRPVPA executive is elected annually at the spring AGM and is responsible for carrying out the Association’s goals and serving its members. We offer four annual scholarships/bursaries to students graduating from B.C. public secondary schools.
There are four meeting held each year. Meetings begin at 09:45 a.m. and consist of a business session and a guest speaker followed by a no-host lunch. The meetings are held at the BCPVPA office or at other lower mainland venues.