The British Columbia Retired Principals’ and Vice-Principals’ Association (BCRPVPA) awards up to nine (9) bursaries/scholarships, in the amount of $1000 each, to students in the year that they graduate from the BC public school system and who are continuing their education at an accredited post-secondary institution in CANADA. (Students planning a “gap year” should apply in the first year in which they register in a post-secondary program.)
Applicants who are pursuing education in trades, technical and career fields, as well as those entering universities and colleges, are encouraged to apply. Applicants will be judged not only on their academic achievements but their demonstrated leadership and service activities both within the school and community. Financial need of applicants will also be considered.
- An application form.
- A short essay (not more than a page) indicating leadership and service roles held in your school and community and your post-secondary aspirations. This essay could also include an indication of financial need.
- A letter of reference from your school.
- A letter of reference from a community organization that addresses your involvement with it.
- A copy of the Ministry of Education’s official transcript of final grades (this document is issued to you in August from the Ministry of Education).
- Proof of paid registration at a Canadian Post-Secondary Educational site i.e., a copy of tuition fee receipt or letter from the Office of the Registrar to be forwarded when fees are paid. (Note: A letter of acceptance is not considered proof of registration.)
All completed applications must be postmarked on or before September 30th of the year in which you register in your program of studies. Faxed submissions are not permitted.
Please mail/courier/hand-deliver the completed applications to:
BC Retired Principals’ and Vice-Principals’ Association
#200 – 525 West 10th Avenue
Vancouver, BC V5Z 1K9
Successful applicants will be notified by the end of October.